Students Participate In Community Service Initiative

Ashley True, Copy Editor
May 2, 2014
Filed under Art & Entertainment, News

Students at Black Hills State University are taking initiative in a community service project with the Dahl Arts Center in Rapid City. BHSU Art Club members and volunteers were given the choice of a Trikky, Raffy, or a Foomi - all of which were white vinyl cast toys. These cast toys originally come... Read more »

Schallenkamp

Ashley True, Copy Editor
May 2, 2014
Filed under News, Video

Farewell video to president Dr. Schallenkamp.

Giving Credit Where Credit is Due: Newspaper Procedures

Ashley True and Jaron Jenkins
April 15, 2014
Filed under News

Imagine working at a job where employee turnaround averages 60 percent every four months, but the staff is always able to pull together to produce a professional product. This is what Dr. Mary Caton-Rosser faces every semester as the faculty advisor of the Jacket Journal. Melissa Revilla currently... Read more »

Disney’s latest animated film brings ‘gusto’ to the screen

Ashley True, Copy Editor
March 1, 2014
Filed under Art & Entertainment, Opinions

As temperatures of winter started to drop, the animated musical fantasy film Frozen premiered on Nov. 19, 2013 winning the hearts of all ages with its delightful music and charming characters. The film was produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures featuring... Read more »

Internship provides irreplaceable experience

Ashley True, Copyeditor
November 15, 2013
Filed under Opinions

There is no doubt that acquiring a stellar academic career while retaining enough time to socialize and do the things we enjoy is a balancing act. Especially the part-time and full-time jobs students hold while completing their... Read more »

Res-Life Brings Quality to Campus Living

Ashley True, Contributing Writer
April 22, 2013
Filed under News

Full of emotion and leaving home to live somewhere else for the first time for many students is often daunting but Black Hills State University is striving to bring students together in various ways starting with the way they live. Students are encouraged to... Read more »