Memories to Last a Lifetime

Jenna Carda, Assistant Editor
April 17, 2014
Filed under Opinions

The past four years at Black Hills State University have been filled with memories. From being new to the Black Hills as a freshman, to calling Spearfish home today – I wouldn’t trade the roller coaster of emotions if I had the choice.

Originally I began my college career with a business degree in mind. After finding out I was terrible at accounting and statistics, I decided to peruse a hobby – writing. It has been so wonderful going to classes that I enjoy, both in Public Relations and journalism and completing projects that I am proud of.

Dr. Caton-Rosser has been a huge influence in transforming my schooling with mass communications. She took the time to talk to me about being on staff as a proofreader. That then turned into the PR Coordinator the following semester and ultimately the Assistant Editor today.

Being a part of a media staff for the Jacket Journal and BHSUmedia.com has been the most challenging – yet rewarding – group I have ever been a part of. The late nights editing, assignments to complete and fundraising on top of school work has been crazy, but it taught me a lot about myself – what I could handle and how to delegate work instead of overtaking everything.

The staff and faculty are wonderful, my friends are the best and I will truly miss BH. Don’t get me wrong, I am ecstatic to graduate and find a career in the field I love – but I will always have the memories, which will last me a lifetime.

Comments

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.