BHSU Media

Black Hills State University Theatre Society showcase “See How They Run”

Cody Cline, Editor

The Black Hills State University Theatre Society presented their performance of the British farce “See How They Run” on Nov. 15, 16 and 17 at 7:30 p.m. in the Black Box Theatre in Woodburn Hall.

“See How They Run” is a dysfunctional comedy which contains mishaps and mistaken identities. The plot involves an American actress, a maid, an American soldier, a village spinster, a Russian spy, a bishop and multiple vicars, according to the BHSU Theatre Program website.

The performance was open to students and community members alike. Admission was free for BHSU students, $5 for adults and $3 for children.

Every year, the Theatre Society performs a play which is released in November. “See How They Run” was chosen as the 2018 play.

Cast members included Gabriella Hertz as Penelope Toop, JD Schroeder as Sergeant Clive Winton, Kyle Graves as Reverend Lionel Toop, Rachel Rindinger as Ida, Benjamin Parks as Reverend Arthur Humphrey, Parker Schlenker as the Russian spy, Justin Woodward as the Bishop of Lax, Walker Schouviller as the Sergeant and Kylee Jone as Miss Skillon.

Schroeder and Rindinger were nominated for the Irene Ryan award. As a result of their nominations, the actor and actresses will compete at the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival against hundreds of other college theatre students.

At KCACTF,  Schroeder and Rindinger will be judged on their performances and have the possibility to compete in Washington D.C.

Student-run media of Black Hills State University. The Jacket Journal / KBHU-TV / KBHU 89.1 FM & KJKT 90.7 FM "The Buzz".