BHSU Media

BHSU Drumline Helps United Way Kickoff Annual Day of Caring

Anna Teghtmeyer, Contributing Writer

Spearfish, S.D.-The Black Hills State University Drumline, The Beeline, performed during the Northern Hills United Way Fall Kickoff on Sept. 15 at the Spearfish Convention Center.

The Kickoff preceded the 4th Annual Day of Caring. The Day of Caring involves many volunteers who help the elderly, disabled, and some non-profit agencies with various projects.

According to the Director of the United Way Jamie Toennies, there were 77 people on ten teams that participated in projects in the Northern Hills.

Director of Bands Dr. David Berberick said, “We were honored to be invited and thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to play.”

Sarah Rathert, a music education major at BHSU, said, “It was an honor to play for a great cause.”

Toennies also said, “Our Northern Hills United Way Day of Caring has grown into something quite impressive.”

The United Way’s goal for the year is $160,000. For more information, contact the Northern Hills United Way.

About the Writer
Anna Teghtmeyer, BHSUmedia.com Online Editor/KBHU-TV Automation Director

Hi! My name is Anna Teghtmeyer.My title isBHSUmedia.com Online Editor. I am also the KBHU-TV Automation Director. I also do field reporting for KBHU-TV....

Student-run media of Black Hills State University. The Jacket Journal / KBHU-TV / KBHU 89.1 FM & KJKT 90.7 FM "The Buzz".