New Treadmills Arrive at Donald E. Young Center

Minayo Kawamura

New treadmills ready for student use in the Donald E. Young Center.

The Donald E. Young Center received three new treadmills at the end of February. Two of these treadmills went to the Fitness Center, and another went to the athlete’s weight room. The treadmills currently in use will be kept making a total of five treadmills at the Fitness Center.

According to Assistant Director of Athletes and Events/ Facility Operations Brock Anundson, the exact type of treadmills are Matrix T3xe model. These were the models they were hoping to receive. The new machines have touch screens with a virtual running tour, and more sophisticated state-of-the-art-technology.

The treadmills in the Fitness Center had to be repaired many times since last year. Most of the treadmills had been out of order for a long time.

“Our existing machines were reaching the end of their life cycle, and we wanted to replace them with new state-of-the-art machines for all students and community members.” Anudson said.

The process started at the end of last school year because they wanted to make improvements while the student volume was lower.

Anundson said, “We appreciate all users’ patience through the transition process. We hope the new machines arrive soon, and we all can enjoy their awesome new features. All suggestions for new equipment are always welcome at the Young Center front desk.”