Student-run media of Black Hills State University. The Jacket Journal / KBHU-TV / KBHU 89.1 FM & KJKT 90.7 FM "The Buzz".

BHSU Media

BHSU Media

BHSU Media

BHSU Alumni Association and Buzz Marketing Promote #adulting Seminar

%23adulting+Seminar

The Black Hills State University Buzz Marketing Club met with Hans Nelson, BHSU Director of Corporate Relations, in the Trump Conference Room on Sept. 11 at 10 a.m. to discuss a partnership.

The meeting allowed Buzz Marketing members to consider a collaboration with Nelson and the alumni association, brainstorming the most effective way for the #adulting seminar to gain exposure.

The #adulting seminar is an event for graduating seniors, designed to prepare graduates for success as they enter the real world. The seminar will allow students to learn from the experiences of BHSU alumni, offering insight into topics such as banking and insurance.

The seminar will be hosted in the Joy Center on Oct. 27 from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Alumni speakers include: Harvey Krautschun, Investment Advisor Representative and Co-Owner of Financial Benefits Inc.; Jodi Garcia, State Farm Insurance Agent; Julie Benedict, Chief Human Resources Officer at Security First Ban; Kasey Salazar, BHSU Human Resources Generalist; Katie Peterson, Mortgage and Credit Specialist at CMG Financial; Steve Meeker, BHSU Vice President of University Advancement; Taryn Pike, First National Bank Real Estate Loan Officer; Nelson and the keynote speaker Mr. Justin Varland, Head of Carrier Sales at Apple, Inc..

Buzz Marketing members chose to market the event primarily through social media and campus connections, such as campus e-update and email. Members with a background in graphic design also promoted the event by creating posters and other designs.

To register for the event or find more information, visit www.bhsu.edu/adulting. Registration for the event must be completed by Oct. 24.