Student-run media of Black Hills State University. The Jacket Journal / KBHU-TV / KBHU 89.1 FM & KJKT 90.7 FM "The Buzz".

BHSU Media

The First Amendment

Shandell Clutter

Shandell Clutter

Various Authors, Contributing Writers

Quotes courtesy of the MCOM-430-Media Law class

“First Amendment allows people to take issue with what they think is wrong.” —Ajallade Hennis

“It means that no laws can be made against people in regards to what religion they want to be, say what they want to, publish what they want to, peacefully protest, and petition the government.” —Brendon McGirr

“Congress cannot make a law that says all Americans have to follow one religion. American citizens have the right to choose their own religion. Citizens can say whatever they want to say in terms of the law. They have the right to write what they want to say. They can gather and peacefully protest. They can go against the government.” —Bailey Roebling

“The First Amendment protects from laws that would step on our right to practice our chosen religion, or from preventing free speech, or from preventing the press from operating, or from presenting people from coming together peacefully, and finally guarantees that we can go to the government.” —Brady Jones

The First Amendment